- Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Ensemble Work
- Theory and Composition Classes
- Rock Band
- Contemporary Strings Ensemble
- Independent Study in Instrumental Music
Visual Art Program
- Offers students both breadth and depth in hands-on art experiences as well as exposure to art history
- Fosters individual abilities
- Develops ability to describe, analyze, evaluate and interpret works of art in oral and written form
- Expands student knowledge of art terminology and visual literacy, and Heightens student awareness of art and global cultures
- Presents master classes, field trips, and library research
- Provides opportunities and venues for solo and group gallery exhibitions
Visual Art & Photography Offerings
Students can choose from a number of semester-long courses, or for the more committed art student can choose to follow a sequential series of courses.
Foundation Level Electives:
- 2-D Studio (1 semester) – drawing, printmaking, photography and collage
- 3-D Studio (1 semester) – clay, paper and wood sculpture and bookmaking
- Film Photography (1 semester) – black & white darkroom photography
- Digital Imaging & Video (1 semester) – digital photography, computer art and filmmaking.
- Intermediate & Advanced Level
- Studio Art 2 (full year) -- Preparation for advanced placement/ portfolio development
- Advanced Portfolio – Engages in progressively more sophisticated methods & techniques and independent study contracts.
Theatre and Drama
- Classes offer training in acting, directing and technical theatre including film, acting for film, and digital media components.
- Student-run theatre company for Upper classmen.
- Season includes: two mainstage productions, a musical, class perfomances, theatre for young audiences and a touring show.
- Participation in the ESU Shakespeare Competition
- Independent Studies in Theatre
- Drama Club
- Touring Shows
The arts are great partners and participants in learning, self actualization, and character. The arts offer yet another path for the student journey of self-discovery, connection to a global community and living a life that is expressive and creative.